Town Cats is a member of the We Care coalition of the six animal shelters serving Santa Clara county.
We work to alleviate the suffering of stray, abandoned, unwanted, and feral cats in Santa Clara County. We sponsor innovative programs to help cats in traditional shelters in our county, as well as community cats who live outdoors. We educate the public about the cat overpopulation problem, and provide people with the tools to become part of the solution. Town Cats supports individuals who want to help through aggressive spay/neuter and cat care programs, and by providing vet care and cat food to low income cat guardians, fosters, or owners. We also find permanent, safe, and loving homes for the homeless house cats and kittens in our care.
Town Cats Fast Facts
- Town Cats is a private, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and is currently the only no-kill Shelter in Santa Clara County.
- Most of the cats we receive are rescued from local municipal shelters.
- In 2015, we adopted out 904 cats and kittens to loving homes throughout Santa Clara county including San Jose, Santa Clara, Los Gatos, Campbell, Sunnyvale, Los Altos, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Morgan Hill and Gilroy. We also place cats to people who come as far away as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Fresno, Los Banos, Hollister, Monterey etc who see our kitties on our website.
- Town Cats helps to support Trap-Neuter-Return projects throughout Santa Clara County through providing food and resources resulting in spay and neuter of over 500 feral cats annually.
- Every cat we adopt out is spayed/neutered, vaccinated and microchipped.
- Town Cats provides the community with educational materials and workshops such as: “What to do when you find a feral cat” and “How to find homes for cats”.