Our Mission is to alleviate the suffering of stray, abandoned, unwanted and feral cats in Santa Clara County and serve as advocates for all cats. We accomplish our mission by:
- Sponsoring innovative programs to help cats in traditional shelters in our county, as well as community cats who live outdoors
- Educating the public through community outreach
- Providing our community with the tools to become part of the solution
- Providing cat food and support to low income cat guardians, fosters, or owners
- Finding permanent, safe, and loving homes for the homeless cats and kittens in our care
In 1997 Rosi Mirko founded Town Cats, an adoption center and sanctuary for cats, with the support of her husband Albert. Rosi was the driving force behind Town Cats, working tirelessly to save countless lives and inspiring others to do the same.
She changed the landscape of the animal welfare community of Santa Clara County by championing feral cats, and promoting the humane Trap/Neuter/Return method to control their populations. Under Rosi’s guidance Town Cats became an integral part of the Feral Freedom program, through which thousands of community cats are spayed/neutered and released to live out their lives.
Town Cats has rescued, helped, and adopted out thousands of friendly cats to loving families. Rosi was a dedicated, passionate, and hardworking leader who was adored by her devoted husband Albert and her friends. Together Rosi and Albert Mirko made Town Cats a successful nonprofit organization that serves an important function in our community. Those of us who knew Rosi and Albert will never forget them, and we vow to carry on their good work.