Our Mission is to alleviate the suffering of stray, abandoned, unwanted, and feral cats in Santa Clara County and serve as advocates for all cats. We accomplish our mission by:
- Sponsoring innovative programs to help cats in traditional shelters in our county, as well as community cats who live outdoors
- Educating the public through community outreach
- Providing our community with the tools to become part of the solution
- Providing cat food and support to low-income cat guardians, fosters, or owners
- Finding permanent, safe, and loving homes for the homeless cats and kittens in our care
Town Cats has served the community of Santa Clara County for over 20 years, working to help homeless cats by rescuing and placing cats of all kinds into safe and loving homes. Known for making the impossible possible, Town Cats specializes in servicing the Special Needs and Community cats that society has largely ignored and forgotten about such as prewean bottle-fed kittens; cats with intensive medical care needs; Feline Leukemia (FeLV) and/or Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) positive.
Town Cats also educates the public on issues surrounding cat care, benefits of free-roaming feline communities, safe and humane relocating procedures, the importance of spaying/neutering, and the Trap Neuter Release (TNR) program. Led by our Founder, Rosi Mirko, who saved feline and human lives alike with her compassion, passion, and hard work, Town Cats has become a local resource, particularly in South Santa Clara County, for cat lovers.
Town Cats has rescued, helped, and adopted out thousands of friendly cats to loving families. Rosi was a dedicated, passionate, and hardworking leader who was adored by her devoted husband Albert and her friends. Together Rosi and Albert Mirko made Town Cats a successful nonprofit organization that serves an important function in our community. Those of us who knew Rosi and Albert will never forget them, and we vow to carry on their good work.